$100 Gift card to Swimoutlet.comContest Rules: Only one entry per household. Submissions are free. If Chad's swim is aborted for any reason, the contest will be void. Submissions will close the moment he starts his swim.
Where: English Channel (England to France) 22 miles
When: Tidal window September 19 - 25th, 2015
Swimmer: Chad Starks
Pilot: Paul Foreman (CS&PF)
Coach: Gordon Gridley
Swim Rules: CS&PF rules - basically no wetsuit, wearing only a speedo, cap, goggles, start on the beach in England and swim to France ending clear of the water without touching the boat. More on the widely accepted marathon swimming rules. The rules will be enforced.
Want to base your time submission on something more than a blind guess? Here are some recent stats:
2015 marathon distance swim times (following the EC swim rules):
- Aug 8th - 10 mile Deer Creek race (rough conditions @ 1.6 mph pace)
- Aug 7th - 11 mile Dam to Dam Moose Migration (1.8 mph pace)
- Jul 25th - 13.5 mile Bear Lake double width (1.6 mph pace)
- Apr 13th - 10.6 miles EC qualifier in GSL (1.7 mph pace)
- Sep 13 - 19 mile Bear Lake Length (1.4 mph pace)
His "Spot" page