Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Seth Horowitz' Deer Creek 10 mile swim report

Hi Guys, 
See attached GPS and let me know if you need any more info.. Record whichever time you prefer:
I will be on vacation  out of state the week of Deer Creek marathon Swim, so I self certified the Deer Creek 10 miler this past weekend.  I guess I overshot the turn around point because my end distance was 19.483 K which is closer to 12 miles. Better safe than sorry. It was a really satisfying day.   My arms were trashed by the end.  So kudos to those of you who swim 2x or 3x the duration and distance. 

Here are my stats with some guestimation for the 10 Mile mark if you prefer that.
Unnassisted: No wetsuit just a safety buoy in tow  


Total GPS activity record (including 15 minutes, Kid drift and swim at end) 
Date: 7/19
Start time: 7:33am
End time: 2:30 
Total Elapsed time 6 hr 57 Minutes (including drifting and playing with kids after I called it, forgot to stop watch.

Adjusted 12 miles Swim (Without kid drift and swim See Split 1):
Start time: 7:33
Adjusted End time: 2:19 PM
Adjusted Elapsed time: 6 hr 46 min
Adjusted total distance: 19.294 K

Estimated 10 mile times:
Start time 7:33
Adjusted End time: 1:18 PM
Adjusted Elapsed time: 5 hours 45 minutes (estimated)
Adjusted distance: 16.1 K

Here is the link to the Garmin GPS activity: